Sunday, October 31, 2010

Just One More Week.

It is just hitting me now that I am leaving in one week. Quite soon I will be stepping off the plane in London. I am getting so exited! I think that today I am going to pack.

As for my plans once I get there, they have changed once again and become somewhat fluid. After talking to some people I know who recently passed through London on their way to the Continent, I think I am going to pass on the Piccadilly Backpackers. They had some not so fond reviews of the place. I am on the hunt again for a good hostel. In fact, I might just go straight to France to meet up with my contacts in Rouen. I will decide once I land whether or not I will just carry on, or stay.

Once I get to Rouen, I am going to stay with my sisters host family. It is kind-of unclear when I will be able to stay until; they are fairly difficult to get in contact with. Whenever I have to leave, I think I will go back to Paris and spend some more time seeing the sights.

After thinking it over a bit, the night train seems like kind of a silly way to get to Italy. It is for the people on short trips who want to wake up in a different place to keep to their schedules. I have no such compunctions, so I think I will spend a day or two taking slower trains and getting off in a couple places. That way, getting there will be much more of an adventure. My first night in Verona will be on the weekend of the 20th and 21st.

It is so frustrating when you finally think you have everything worked out, and then it all changes, but I guess that is life, and no matter how it happens I will have fun doing it. Wherever I spend my first few nights, it will begin an adventure of epic proportions that I will remember for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment