Tuesday, November 9, 2010

London

London, for Canadians, or at least myself, holds some sort of almost mythic place in ones mind. We see it in our history books, hear tales of it, see it in movies, and for the lucky people who make it here, It lives up to the high expectations. It is bustling, full of people at every hour, jam packed full of history, and mythic in proportions.

The grandeur of the city is magnificent, and the sights are all even better than they are in the movies.

Getting on the tube, the classic "Please mind the gap" you hear in shows Actually is like that. It is a city that I had high expectations about, and it has so far much more than lived up to them.

Here are a bunch of pictures from my random wanderings just after getting off the tube.















After wandering for a bit, and checking in to the hostel I found, I went into the common area of the hostel, and met two people from Holland. We talked for a bit, then went out to find some food. After much wandering, we ended up in an Italian place. I had the best pizza I have ever had, plus some Italian beer which I drank out of a wine glass.

We wandered around together for hours after that, went to a pub, and wandered some more. We finally ended up at the hostel around midnight, and I decided that I might want to get some sleep.

It was kinda funny actually, I went to bed at twelve, then I woke up, had a shower, got dressed, everything, then I asked someone in the hall for the time, and it was 1.45 in the morning. I then realized how dark it was, and that all the other  people in my room were still sleeping. I went back to sleep, and woke up at 7.30

I am going to have some tea now, maybe some breakfast too.

No comments:

Post a Comment